By Michael W. Adler,Simon G. Edwards,Robert F. Miller, et al.John Wiley & Sons, Inc.|Wiley||BMJ BooksAdult NonfictionMedical, Reference, Text BookLanguage(s): EnglishOn sale date: 23.05.2012Street date: 30.04.2012
An authoritative advisor to the epidemiology, prevalence, checking out and analysis and administration of HIV and AIDS.
From a global specialist editor and contributor workforce, this new 6th variation comprises improved insurance of HIV trying out, overview and regimen stick with up and new chapters outlining not easy stipulations linked to HIV and AIDS. Prevention recommendations, early analysis and antiretroviral medicinal drugs and pharmacotherapy are coated intimately in addition to little ones and ladies with HIV. It additionally addresses key mental and psychological overall healthiness matters, sufferer views and the function of sufferer engagement.
As wisdom into the sickness grows and significant advances in HIV treatment see extra humans residing with HIV in the neighborhood, the ABC of HIV and AIDS, 6e offers transparent functional information for basic practitioners, medical institution medical professionals, nurses, clinical scholars, counsellors, allied medical examiners and an individual operating and taking care of sufferers with HIV and AIDS.
Read Online or Download ABC of HIV and AIDS PDF
Best infectious diseases books
HIV/AIDS administration poses many alternative demanding situations all over the world, and the remedies to be had within the West are frequently no longer economically possible in constructing international locations. This new ebook is the 1st to handle the myriad of medical problems confronted through wellbeing and fitness practitioners around the world in coping with HIV/AIDS.
The Vaccine e-book offers finished info at the present and destiny international of vaccines. It finds the medical possibilities and strength influence of vaccines, together with fiscal and moral demanding situations, difficulties encountered while generating vaccines, how medical vaccine trials are designed, and the way to introduce vaccines into frequent use.
Launching on Oxford drugs on-line in 2012, with the full-text of 8 Mayo medical institution clinical Press (MCSP) print titles and a financial institution of multiple-choice questions, Mayo medical institution Toolkit presents a unmarried place for resident, fellow, and working towards clinicians to adopt the self-testing essential to arrange for, and cross, the forums.
Advances in Immunology, a common and hugely revered e-book, provides present advancements in addition to entire experiences in immunology. Articles tackle the wide variety of themes that contain immunology, together with molecular and mobile activation mechanisms, phylogeny and molecular evolution, and scientific modalities.
- Global HIV/AIDS Medicine, 1e
- Viral Pathogenesis and Immunity, Second Edition
- An Atlas of the Clinical Microbiology of Infectious Diseases, Volume 1: Bacterial Agents
- Advances in Environmental Control Technology: Health and Toxicology. Advances in Environmental Control Technology Series
- Viral Molecular Machines (Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology)
Additional info for ABC of HIV and AIDS
Further, readers should be aware that Internet Websites listed in this work may have changed or disappeared between when this work was written and when it is read. No warranty may be created or extended by any promotional statements for this work. Neither the publisher nor the author shall be liable for any damages arising herefrom. First published 1987 Second edition 1991 Third edition 1993 Fourth edition 1997 Fifth edition 2001 Library of Congress Cataloging-in-Publication Data ABC of HIV and AIDS / edited by Michael W.
Chemokines comprise a large family of soluble mediators that regulate movement of cells within the immune system. HIV-1 interacts variably with one of two chemokine receptors, called CXCR4 and CCR5. Chemokine receptor selectivity is determined by variable regions in gp120 that render HIV-1 strains tropic for either CXCR4, CCR5 or dual tropic. Both CXCR4 and CCR5 are expressed by CD4 T cells. CCR5 is also expressed by tissue macrophages and dendritic cells. The majority of HIV-1 infection in vivo exists within CD4 T cells.
2) Choice of therapy Antiretroviral regimens Further reading Chapter 20: Pharmacopoeia of Treatments The role of cART after diagnosis of an opportunistic infection Further reading and resources Chapter 21: Psychological and Mental Health Issues Psychological wellbeing Psychological sequelae Adjustment to diagnosis Physical health Treatment regimens Changes to body shape HIV-associated neurocognitive disorders Recognition of psychological symptomatology Psychological Interventions Factors impacting on living with HIV Prevention Further reading Chapter 22: Strategies for Preventing HIV Transmission Introduction Targeted HIV education Sexual transmission Behavioural Interventions Biomedical and treatment interventions Risk compensation Inclusion of people with HIV High-quality sexual health services HIV testing Conclusion Further reading Chapter 23: Patient and Community Perspective Garry Brough Namatovu Lubega Late diagnosis Care and treatment outside of the HIV setting and its implications for HIV patients and their doctors HIV testing for children Social and psychological impact: examples of good practice Chapter 24: The Role of Patient Engagement Introduction How can services engage patients?